Wollo University, envisions being one of the top five universities in terms of outstanding quality education, research, technology transfer, and community development services in Ethiopia by 2025 G.C /2017 E.C.
- Provide quality higher education at all levels through regular, extension, distance and continuing education modes so as to produce competent professionals who can support the development Endeavour of the country;
- Produce competent entrepreneurs who could contribute to the technology transfer Endeavour’s of the country;
- Undertake researches that help to solve the social-economic problems of the country and that can also add new values and knowledge to the society;
- Render consultancy and short-term training services to businesses, government and nongovernmental organizations to help them accomplish their objectives;
- Render various community services to fulfill social responsibilities expected of it as an academic institution.
In order to meet and exceed the quality and standard requirements of students, trainees and stakeholders, the goals of Wollo University are to:
- Create a competent, motivated, adaptable and innovative workforce for the country who can contribute to poverty reduction, social and economic development through facilitating demand-driven, high quality education and trainings, relevant to all sectors of the economy;
- Promote the entrepreneurial development plan of the country through incubation centers.
- Offer research-led diversified programmer that are relevant to the country;
- Prepare trainees with the necessary theoretical knowledge, attitude and skills so that they can fit for the purpose.
Woll University has committed itself to promote the following organizational and individual values, i.e., both at institutional level and among its staff members.
- Gender Sensitivity
- Reliable Partnership
- Academic Freedom
- Problem Solving
- Innovativeness/ Creativity
- Self Initiation