SCHOOL OF LAW
Background of School of Law
Wollo University School of Law is widely regarded as one of Ethiopia’s leading law school. It was established in 2008 G.C. The school currently has more than 390 students and 28 academic staffs. Apart from its regular program, the school has also been well engaged in continuing summer education programs. The Law School is also actively participating in the teaching, research and community service to realize the overall aspiration of the university. Education and Training, Research, Legal Aid and Moot Court are designed as programme areas.
Since its establishment, Wollo University Law School has accomplished a number of activities on clinical legal education, free legal aid service, moot court, and other collaborations by hosting different seminars, panel discussions and live debate programs on many different legal and current policy issues. One of the great strengths of the School has been its diverse teaching staff and active student body. Students have performed with distinction in several international, regional and national moot courts including the ELSA WTO moot court, the African Human Rights Moot Court, the Jessup International Law Moot Court, the Price Media Moot Court, and the All African International Humanitarian Law Moot Court.
Wollo University Law School envisions being one of the top law schools in terms of outstanding quality education, research and community development services in Ethiopia by 2017 E.C. (2025 G.C.).
- Provide quality higher education at the law school through regular, extension and summer education modes in order to produce competent law professionals who can support the development endeavor of the country;
- Undertake researches that help to solve the legal problems of the country and add new legal values and knowledge to the society;
- Render legal consultancy and short-term training services to government and non-governmental organizations in order to help them achieve their objectives;
- Render various community services to fulfill social responsibilities.
Drawing its norms from the exemplary community that it finds itself in, cherish unity in diversity, respect for others and communion with all irrespective of differences; the core values are:
- Organizational Values: Wollo University School of Law shall promote and uphold in pursuance of its mission including Quality, Diversity, Excellence, Expansion, Secularity, Continuance Improvement, Equity, Tolerance, Transparency, Collaboration, Gender Sensitivity and Responsiveness, Reliable Partnership, Team Work, Academic Freedom, Accountability and Mutual Respect.
- Staff Values: Assertiveness, Selflessness, Trustworthiness, Honesty, Innovativeness, Confidentiality, Resourcefulness, Self-Awareness, Social Awareness and Respectfulness.