Information Systems Department:
Because of the wide range of choices, there is a need of in-formation system specialists which focus on integrating computing technologies and business processes to meet or-ganizational needs. These specialists need to be mainly en-gaged in solving the problems associated with the organi-zation issue and information systems. The discipline focus-es on uses of the technology as a tool for processing, storing and distributing information. Graduates from the Infor-mation Systems (IS) department must understand both technical and organizational factors. They must be able to help organizations to use technology to achieve their goals efficiently and effectively.
Despite the fact that Information Systems as a profession was given in some countries since decades ago, the field is too young in our country.The government of Ethiopia is now aggressively embarking on the introduction and expansion of the ICT sector as a tool for the country’s development. Therefore, to get what is expected from the sector, having well trained Information Systems professional on the Information Systems discipline is believed as a core activity.
In 2020 to be the first Department in the country from 5 related Department.
For increasing the development of ICT, for teaching and learning, for doing differentresearch and community service to solve society problems and for creating competitive professional student in ICT.
To have professionalism at the center of their mentality, positive and responsive attitude towards the value of information resources, good personal confidence in their jobs and professional activities, positive attitude towards their profession (love, dedication, commitment,etc.)and the sense of co-operation, honesty, loyalty, etc
Learn more about each of our programs:
BSc in Information Systems
Our undergraduate program is focus on the primary objective to produce a high quality graduate with an entrepreneurial and problem-solving mind-set. The specific objectives of the program are:
- Theoretical background on the functionalities of computer and application of computer to businesses
- Theories, principles, processes and techniques of organization, storage, retrieval,dissemination and utilization of all forms of information
- Understanding of computers and communication systems, including basic software engineering,network design, database development, implementation and management
- Knowledge of organizational behaviors and different organizational principles
- Various types of academic and business information resources, systems and services
- Knowledge of basic principles of ICT-based business information processing techniques
- Theories, practices and principles of information systems analysis, design, development and management in the business environment