Electrical Engineering Department:
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) is part of KIOT since its inception to produce graduates with strong fundamentals in electrical engineering electronics, computer, industrial control and Communication domains.
The department of electrical & computer engineering (ECE) was established in year 2000 E.C. The department of electrical and computer engineering at KIOT is recognized for dominance in education and amenity to profession. The department has a fine amalgamation of renowned as well as young and dynamic personalities as faculty playing a significant role in providing quality education at both under graduate and post graduate levels. Our faculties have experiences in teaching and as well as industries with areas of specializations that include power electronics, power industrial drives, industrial control, electrical power engineering, electrical power systems, applied electronics, digital systems, communication systems and signal processing. The department is well-equipped with laboratories which cater to program needs with sprouting technology enhancements and the continuous necessity for innovation, the department is dedicated to generate well-disciplined and accountable quality technologists for our country. The department strives to be center of excellence in education, training and research generating high quality engineers for a better tomorrow.
The major goal of the Department of ECE is to produce highly knowledgeable, competent and resourceful young engineers who can perform well in a wide variety of job profiles. To achieve this, our curriculum provides a strong foundation in both the analytic and technological aspects of ECE. It also provides ample opportunities to students to work on projects and they can develop communication skills and explore experiences from internship opportunities in industries. The department is functioning with around 50 faculty members among whom, four are Ph.D. holders and four are pursuing Ph.D. and remaining are M.Sc. holders and expatriate lectures from Indian and Philippine reputed universities
The department has adequate hardware to support academic and research related activities. Analytical and simulation tools like Xilinx, Multisim, MATLAB, are available to carry research activities.
The department's strength include its high faculty-to-student ratio, state of the art facilities, well qualified and renowned faculty, strong focus on undergraduate education balanced with leading-edge research, and emphasis on leadership, service and ethics
Learn more about each of our programs:
- BSc in Electrical Engineering
Our undergraduate program is focus on the primary objective to produce a high quality graduate with an entrepreneurial and problem-solving mind-set. The specific objectives of the program are:
- To enable the students learn the fundamentals of computer, control, electronics, power and Communication Engineering very conceptually so that they can continuously update themselves in the context of growing technology
- To make the program rich in core subjects so that the graduates in Electronics and Communication Engineering can fit themselves in any relevant industry (or) pursue higher learning.
- To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems through practical experience in workshop and machines laboratory.
- Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who would help solve industry's technological problems
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness, responsibility and interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering and pursue career paths in teaching or research
- MS.c in Computer Engineering