Department of Physics
- B.Sc in Physics
- M.Sc. in Condensed Matter Physics
- M.Sc. in Nuclear Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics Education
- M.Sc. in Quantum Physics
- M.Sc. in Space Physics
- M.Sc. in Statistical Physics
The history of physics department began with the opening of the Faculty of Education during the establishment of Wollo University in 2006. In the year 2008 the department reorganized under the College of Natural and computational Science as department of Physics and Earth Science. This name was used until the Geology department was opened in 2016. Currently the department of Physics is under the College of Natural Science and has undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The department offers different undergraduate courses for Mathematics, Chemistry Geology and Engineering students.
Department currently have four assistant professors (3 PhD and 1 M.Sc), nine lecturers (all M.Sc) and three technical assistants, who have fully engaged in the teaching and research activities.
Physics Department envisions being one of the top Departments in terms of outstanding quality education, research, Technology transfer, and community development services
- Provide quality education in physics so as to produce competent professionals who can support the development endeavor of the country.
- Develop the department to be a model department where physics is taught with the highest degree of excellence both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.