The office of the Academic Affairs contributes in realizing the vision of the University through mobilizing and organizing all its academic and non-academic staffs for effective implementation of teaching-learning activities.
Cognizant of this, the office of the Academic Affairs has leadership responsibilities for planning, implementing, and coordinating the educational programs of the colleges/schools/institutes. In assuming these responsibilities, the director work closely with Academic Deans, other administrators, and members of the colleges /schools/institutes. While the managerial functions related to curriculum and instruction rest with the deans, the director also serves as a leader in long-term planning of educational programs, assuring quality of instruction, selection and development of a distinguished colleges/schools/institutes, and furthering the strategic plan, the educational master plan, and the goals and objectives of the colleges/schools/institutes. The director also acts as advisor to the Academic Affairs Vice President in matters related to academic affairs. The director closely works with the Vice President of Administration and Student Service in all matters related to the coordination of the instructional program and student services. The office is accountable for achievement of colleges/schools/institutes goals and objectives within the scope of Academic Affairs vice president as set forth in the University’ Strategic Plan, and for assessing and meeting the educational needs of the society.
The Academic Affairs director shall be accountable to the Academic Affairs Vice President and has the following duties and responsibilities:
- understands and appreciates the mission of the university and is able to relate it to all constituencies; aids in making decisions consistent with the mission and goals; \ provides academic and administrative leadership, fosters a collegial environment which encourages scholarship, teaching, and learning excellence;
- Foster the college’s academic programs into the future;
- advocates and promotes quality instruction, student success, integrated planning, and the expansion of Student Learning Outcomes to meet the educational needs of students in a diverse community college environment;
- works with the deans and directors in development of the educational program, including the maintenance of standards and the evaluation of teachers;
- provides leadership and oversight for enrollment management strategies, initiatives and efficiencies;
- provides guidance to, and receives recommendations from the college AC and other representative organizations regarding the planning, implementation and review of academic programs, services, activities and related matters;
- participates in the planning of new facilities for the purposes of instruction and student services;
- understands and promotes the role and use of technology in the instructional environment;
- Develop and maintain a vision for educational growth of the University.
- Administer all academic programs to provide quality education with overall consistency to meet the mission and Vision of the University.
- Supervise, and evaluate all academic deans
- Support and participate in college and community related activities.
- Coordinate with other Academic Directors in sharing educational and instructional ideas.
- Provide training to faculty on latest instructional technology and technique.
- Develop unique and interactive educational programs and courses for students.
- Develop and implement faculty development programs.
- Develop and implement academic enhancement programs for students.
- Schedule regular meetings with college staffs and faculty staffs.
- Develop approaches to foster collaboration across colleges and the development of cross-college academic offerings.
- Convene and lead new program development and operations team to ensure cross-functional support for the development and implementation of new programs.
- Develop processes for identifying and eliminating unsuccessful or unsustainable program.